Download a Free Copy of the BWR Program
A free copy of the BWR program is available for download using the download link below. The download is full and complete. When installing, you will be asked to review, and agree with, the BWR Program License Agreement. The license is for a single user on a single computer only. If multiple users are needed, please contact us.
Download BWR Version 4.6.0
- Click the blue BWR Setup link below.
- A BWR Setup zip folder will be downloaded
- Open the zip folder and click on BWRSetup460.exe to install the BWR program.
- You may receive a message from your security program or Windows Defender which can be ignored as the files are pre-scanned.
Setup link: BWRSetup460.zip
Minimum System Requirements
To run BWR, you need:
- Operating System: Windows 8 and later
- Free Hard Disk Space: 100 MB minimum
- Installed Memory: 128 MB RAM minimum
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
Additionally, Adobe Reader ® is required to view or print several required documents, including the BWR Training Manual. The latest version can be obtained at https://get.adobe.com/reader/
Installation and Operation
- Click on the BWRSetup.exe file and follow the instructions displayed on your screen to install the program.
- Start the program by double-clicking the "BWR" icon on the Windows Desktop (or the file "BWR.exe" located in the installation folder).
- When the program starts, you'll have an opportunity to print the "Getting Started Guide", Power to Flow Operating Map, and Control Rod Sequence Checkoff Sheets (Adobe Reader pdf files). These documents can also be viewed/printed from the Help menu inside the program.
- Follow the steps in the Getting Started Guide. We strongly recommend beginning with the BWR Interactive Tutorial.
If you have any questions, or if you have any problems with the program, please contact us.